Oh Canada!
We had a great time and great weather this year. It was really hot the first week with the loudest and I'm sure closest thunder and lighting I had ever heard. Then it was a bit cooler and gorgeous the second week. Of course it wouldn't be a trip without a little excitement along the way.

We landed in the ER with Abby. She had a "pulled elbow". No biggy. Just a little uncomfortable for a while. I also learned how to set it back right, so that will be useful in the future. Abby also took a spill into a rough-edged table and luckily hit the bridge of her nose and not one of her eyes. It wasn't too pretty(See photo of the day after to the right), but it's healing nicely now.
Grace. Oh Grace. She fooled us as usual. We thought mild ear infection, since she had a fever and touched her ear once or twice, but never complained. She just didn't want to swim our be outside. Took her to the Dr. in town and not only was it an ear infection, it was strep throat too. And of course that strep turned into Scarlet fever, because that is what would happen to Grace. She took it like a champ. I'm really glad it was her and not Abby because I think we would all have felt much different about the trip if it was.
Harland and I went Geocaching for the first time. We went to one of the near by islands and used a hand held GPS and some clues to find a little box full of junk. You're supposed to leave something when you find it and sign the log. It was pretty fun. We're hoping to do it again sometime around here and much more next summer at the cottage. It was a great trip!
Here's some pictures from our trip:

We landed in the ER with Abby. She had a "pulled elbow". No biggy. Just a little uncomfortable for a while. I also learned how to set it back right, so that will be useful in the future. Abby also took a spill into a rough-edged table and luckily hit the bridge of her nose and not one of her eyes. It wasn't too pretty(See photo of the day after to the right), but it's healing nicely now.
Grace. Oh Grace. She fooled us as usual. We thought mild ear infection, since she had a fever and touched her ear once or twice, but never complained. She just didn't want to swim our be outside. Took her to the Dr. in town and not only was it an ear infection, it was strep throat too. And of course that strep turned into Scarlet fever, because that is what would happen to Grace. She took it like a champ. I'm really glad it was her and not Abby because I think we would all have felt much different about the trip if it was.
Harland and I went Geocaching for the first time. We went to one of the near by islands and used a hand held GPS and some clues to find a little box full of junk. You're supposed to leave something when you find it and sign the log. It was pretty fun. We're hoping to do it again sometime around here and much more next summer at the cottage. It was a great trip!
Here's some pictures from our trip:
Gracie rockin' out to Jojo's Circus

Abby dancing too

The divine Miss Madison

I love when Abby wears her sunglasses like this!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home